Payment Gateway: MasterCard Internet Gateway Service (MiGS)
MasterCard Internet Gateway Service (MiGS) is an on-site payment method for accepting credit and debit cards and is available to event organizers in several countries.
An account with a supported bank is required to accept payments. Need an account? Check with a local bank to see if they offer payment services through MasterCard Internet Gateway Service (MiGS).
An active subscription for the MiGS feature upgrade is also needed to use MiGS on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for MiGS
Setup MiGS on your Event Smart website
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default?: This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
- MiGS Merchant ID: This will be provided to by your local bank your when you receive your merchant account.
- MiGS Access Code: This will be provided to by your local bank your when you receive your merchant account.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
I configured MiGS and payments are not being processed. Can you help?
Double-check that you are using your API credentials for production (live) mode which are different than your login information for your MiGS account. Also, ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods screen of Event Smart.
When I refund a payment, does it also refund through MiGS?
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transactional details screen of Event Smart in your dashboard. Then login to your MiGS account and process the refund.
How can I setup a recurring payment or subscription through MiGS?
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the MiGS payment gateway.