Payment Gateway: Invoice
Invoice is an offline payment method for accepting payments. Payments are processed manually by providing your registrants/attendees with information on how to pay their invoice.
Invoice is available on all plans on EventSmart.com.
Pro Tip 1! Will Invoice be the only payment method enabled or the only one you offer? Click here to learn how to make it selected by default during the registration checkout.
Setup Invoice on your Event Smart website
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Open by Default? – This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
To give your audience more payment options, you can activate multiple payment methods at the same time. However, if you are offering just one payment option, then we recommend that you set that one payment method to be selected by default during registration checkout. That will simplify the check out process for your attendees.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Payee Name: This is the name of the person receiving the payment.
- Payee Email: This is the email address of the person receiving payment.
- Payee Tax Number: This is the tax number of the person receiving payment.
- Payee Address: This is where the payment should be sent.
- Payment Instructions: Specify information on how to pay the invoice.
- Logo Image: This image will be shown on the invoice.
- Confirmation Text: This is shown on the thank you page after registration checkout.
- Extra Info: This is optional information that can be shown after the confirmation text.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
This payment method does not process or transfer actual funds (monies). You’ll need to provide instructions on how an attendee/registrant can pay (e.g. mail a check or money order). This can be done by using the Payee and Payment Instructions fields on the Invoice payment method settings.
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the Invoice payment gateway.
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transaction details screen in your Event Smart website (Event Smart dashboard --> Transactions and click on a specific transaction and browse to the payments area). Then process a refund through the payment option that was used. For example, if an attendee/registrant paid through a check, then you would need to refund their payment through a new check.