Payment Gateway: Authorize.net AIM
Authorize.net AIM is an on-site payment method for accepting credit and debit card payments and is available to event organizers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia.
An account with Authorize.net is required to accept payments. Need an Authorize.net account? Click here to sign up for a merchant account.
An active subscription for the Authorize.Net AIM feature upgrade is also needed to use Authorize.net on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for Authorize.net AIM
Pro Tip 1! Will Authorize.net AIM be the only payment method enabled or the only one you offer? Click here to learn how to make it selected by default during the registration checkout.
Setup Authorize.net AIM on your Event Smart website
The settings page for Authorize.Net AIM can be found in your Event Smart dashboard --> Payment Methods --> Authorize.net AIM.
Now click the button to activate this payment method and here is an overview of settings on the page.
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default? – This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
To give your audience more payment options, you can activate multiple payment methods at the same time. However, if you are offering just one payment option, then we recommend that you set that one payment method to be selected by default during registration checkout. That will simplify the check out process for your attendees.
- Authorize.net API Login ID: This ID is available from your Authorize.net account.
- Authorize.net Transaction Key: This key is available from your Authorize.net account.
- Excluded Payment Form Fields : Check a field here to exclude (remove) it from the payment form.
- Required Payment Form Fields : Check a field here to require it on the payment form. If a field is excluded through the setting above, then it will not be required.
- Server: Select if payment requests should be sent through Authorize.net server or the newer Akamai servers.
- Send test transactions?: Setting this to yes will use a testing server account.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
Add your credentials (e.g. API Login ID and Transaction Key) to the settings page and then save changes.
You'll now be ready to accept payments for your events through Authorize.net on your Event Smart website.
Double-check your credentials and ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods page of Event Smart.
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the Authorize.net AIM payment gateway.
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transaction details screen in your Event Smart website (Event Smart dashboard --> Transactions and click on a specific transaction and browse to the payments area). Then login to your Authorize.net account and process the refund.