Payment Gateway: Sage Pay
Sage Pay is an on-site payment method for accepting credit and debit cards and is available to event organizers in the United Kingdom.
An account with Sage Pay is required to accept payments. Need a Sage Pay account? Click here to sign up for a merchant account.
An active subscription for the Sage Pay feature upgrade is also needed to use Sage Pay on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for Sage Pay
Your credentials for Sage Pay will be assigned by Sage Pay support. You'll be provided with your Vendor name. This information can be entered in the payment methods page for Event Smart within your dashboard and then click on the Update Settings button. You'll then be ready to accept payments on your site.
Note: If you need to test Sage , then you can enable debug mode through the payment method screen. Also, be sure to whitelist your web server's IP address via the test area for MySagePay. There is a separate login area for MySagePay for testing. After you are finishing testing, be sure to turn debug mode off and save changes.
Pro Tip 1! Will Sage Pay be the only payment method enabled or the only one you offer? Click here to learn how to make it selected by default during the registration checkout.
Setup Sage Pay on your Event Smart website
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default? – This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
To give your audience more payment options, you can activate multiple payment methods at the same time. However, if you are offering just one payment option, then we recommend that you set that one payment method to be selected by default during registration checkout. That will simplify the check out process for your attendees.
- Sage Pay Vendor Name: This is available from your Sage Pay account.
- Credit Card Types: Check the card types that you want to support
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
How to add your web servers IP address to your Valid IPs list
In order to use Sage Pay, the IP Address that the payment request is being made from needs to be added to a list of 'Valid IPs' within your Sage Pay account. To set this up you will need both the 'Public IP Address' and 'Subnet Mask' of your web server, your hosting provider will be able to provide you with these details, you can then follow these steps:
1) Log into your Sage Pay account
2) Click on Settings --> Valid IPs
3) Click the Add button on the bottom right of the form.
4) Input the details of your webserver and add that IP Address to the list.
You'll now be ready to accept payments for your events through Sage Pay on your Event Smart website.
I configured Sage Pay and payments are not being processed. Can you help?
Double-check your credentials and ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods page of Event Smart.
Check you have added your servers public IP address to your 'Valid IPs' within your Sage Pay account and that this is the correct IP address, you may need to contact your hosting provider to confirm this.
How can I setup a recurring payment or subscription through Sage Pay?
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the Sage Pay payment gateway.
When I refund a payment, does it also refund through Sage Pay?
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transactional details screen of Event Smart in your Dashboard. Then login to your Sage Pay account and process the refund.