Payment Gateway: Vanco
Vanco is an on-site payment method for accepting credit and debit cards and bank transfers (ACH) and is available to event organizers in the United States.
An account with Vanco is required to accept payments. Need a Vanco account? Call 1-800-675-7430 or click here to sign up for a merchant account.
An active subscription for the Vanco feature upgrade is also needed to use Vanco on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for Vanco
Pro Tip 1! Will Vanco be the only payment method enabled or the only one you offer? Click here to learn how to make it selected by default during the registration checkout.
Setup Vanco on your Event Smart website
Here is an overview of settings on the page.
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default? – This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
To give your audience more payment options, you can activate multiple payment methods at the same time. However, if you are offering just one payment option, then we recommend that you set that one payment method to be selected by default during registration checkout. That will simplify the check out process for your attendees.
- Vanco Client ID: This credential is needed to process payments and can be found in your Vanco account, this is your Vanco Unique identifier for the organization.
- Vanco User ID: This credential is needed to process payments and can be found in your Vanco account, it is your Vanco 8 character Web Services user ID.
- Vanco Password: This credential is needed to process payments, it is your Vanco alphanumeric password.
- Your unique Vanco Encryption Key: This credential is needed to process payments and can be found in your Vanco account. It is a unique Encryption Key provided by Vanco for each user.
- Allow only Debit Cards: This allows you to set if transactions should only be allowed when a Debit card is being used. This will remove the option to pay via a Checking/Savings account and decline the payment if a Credit Card is used.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
I configured Vanco and payments are not being processed. Can you help?
Double-check your credentials and ensure that debug mode is off. Test mode (debugging mode) cannot be enabled with your production credentials that will be assigned by Client Services at Vanco. Also, ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods page of Event Smart.
How can I setup a recurring payment or subscription through Vanco?
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the Vanco payment gateway.
When I refund a payment, does it also refund through Vanco?
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transactional details screen of Event Smart in your dashboard. Then login to your Vanco merchant account and process the refund.