Payment Gateway: Braintree
Braintree is an on-site payment method for accepting credit and debit cards and is available to event organizers in many countries.
An account with Braintree is required to accept payments. Need a Braintree account? Click here to sign up for a merchant account.
An active subscription for the Braintree feature upgrade is also needed to use Braintree on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for Braintree
Setup Braintree on your Event Smart website
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default?: This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
- Merchant ID: This is available from your Braintree account.
- Public Key: This is available from your Braintree account.
- Private Key: This is available from your Braintree account.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
Optional Settings that can be turned On
Your Braintree merchant account has the ability to accept payments via PayPal and offers Card Verification Value (CVV) which can reduce fraud.
The CVV setting can be found by logging into your Braintree production account and then clicking on Settings and then Processing. Now scroll down and look for the Basic Credit Card Fraud Tools section and click on Edit under CVV. Place a checkmark next to the first two options and then save changes.
I configured Braintree and payments are not being processed. Can you help? Double-check your credentials to make sure that you are using the production / live credentials which are for production mode. Also, ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods page of Event Smart.
How can I setup a recurring payment or subscription through Braintree? Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the Event Smart Braintree payment gateway.
When I refund a payment, does it also refund through Braintree? Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transactional details screen of Event Smart in your Dashboard. Then login to your Braintree account and process the refund (or visa versa).