Payment Gateway: PayPal Payflow Pro
🚨 PayPal Payflow Pro is being replaced with PayPal Commerce
Please use PayPal Commerce instead of PayPal Payflow. PayPal Commerce offers the same features and more features including: payments by card, payments by PayPal accounts,PayPal accounts are not required, Venmo payments, installment payments, etc.
PayFlow Pro is an on-site payment method for accepting credit and debit cards and is available to event organizers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and New Zealand.
An account with PayPal Payflow Pro is required to accept payments. Need a PayPal PayFlow Pro account? Call 1-855-456-1338 or click here to sign up for a merchant account.
An active subscription for the PayPal Payflow Pro feature upgrade is also needed to use PayPal PayFlow Pro on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for PayPal Payflow Pro
You'll receive those credentials after you sign up for the PayPal PayFlow Pro service.
Pro Tip 1! Will PayPal PayFlow Pro be the only payment method enabled or the only one you offer? Click here to learn how to make it selected by default during the registration checkout.
Setup PayPal PayFlow Pro on your Event Smart website
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default? – This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
To give your audience more payment options, you can activate multiple payment methods at the same time. However, if you are offering just one payment option, then we recommend that you set that one payment method to be selected by default during registration checkout. That will simplify the check out process for your attendees.
- Vendor ID: This credential is needed to process payments and will be provided when you set up you PayFlow account.
- User ID : If you have created multiple users within your PayFlow account then each user will have a unique user ID, this can be input here. If you have not created multiple users this will match your Vendor ID.
- Password: This is the password for your PayFlow account.
- Partner ID: If your PayFlow account was acquired through a reseller, then use your reseller's ID. Otherwise, leave blank and the default option of "PayPal" will be used.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
You'll now be ready to accept payments for your events through PayPal PayFlow Pro on your Event Smart website.
I configured PayPal PayFlow Pro and payments are not being processed. Can you help?
Double-check your credentials and ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods page of Event Smart.
How can I setup a recurring payment or subscription through PayPal PayFlow Pro?
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the PayPal PayFlow Pro payment gateway.
When I refund a payment, does it also refund through PayPal PayFlow Pro?
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transaction details screen in your Event Smart website (Event Smart dashboard --> Transactions and click on a specific transaction and browse to the payments area). Then login to your PayPal manager account and process the refund.