Payment Gateway: iDEAL Mollie
iDEAL Mollie is an off-site payment method for accepting payments via iDeal, credit and debit cards, and other payment services. iDEAL is available to event organizers in the Netherlands. Other payment options such as credit and debit card payments are available to event organizers in many countries in Europe.
An account with Mollie is required to accept payments. Need a Mollie account? Click here to sign up for a merchant account.
An active subscription for the iDEAL Mollie feature upgrade is also needed to use iDEAL Mollie on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for iDEAL Mollie
iDEAL Mollie uses an API Key for payment processing. You'll need this credential to accept payments and here is how you find it.
1) Login to your Mollie.com account. Under 'My Account' (Mijn account) click on "Website Profiles" (Websiteprofielen).
2) If you do not you already have a website profile you will need to create one here or if you have one already you will need details from within from within the profile.
3) If you need to create a new website profile enter the requested details such as website URL, company name and your email address otherwise click 'Details' on a current profile and skip to the next step.
4) Now you have a website profile you need the API key from within to use within the Payment Method. If testing payments use the 'Test API Key' otherwise use the 'Live API Key', copy the key and save it within the Mollie API Key field in the payment gateway. You do not need to set any webhooks as Event Smart does this automatically for each payment.
5) Activate iDeal through 'My Account' (Mijn account) -> 'Payment Methods'. Your Mollie.com account allows you to select multiple Payment methods, however the iDEAL Mollie Payment Gateway integrates with the iDeal payment method. This account has the 'iDeal' and 'Bank transfer' payment methods active, however only iDeal will be available to your users for payments.
Pro Tip 1! Will iDeal be the only payment method enabled or the only one you offer? Click here to learn how to make it selected by default during the registration checkout.
Setup iDeal Mollie on your Event Smart website
Here is an overview of settings on the page.
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default? – This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
To give your audience more payment options, you can activate multiple payment methods at the same time. However, if you are offering just one payment option, then we recommend that you set that one payment method to be selected by default during registration checkout. That will simplify the check out process for your attendees.
- Mollie API Key: This is available from your Mollie account.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
Double-check your credentials and ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods page of Event Smart.
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the iDEAL Mollie payment gateway.
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transaction details screen in your Event Smart website (Event Smart dashboard --> Transactions and click on a specific transaction and browse to the payments area). Then login to your iDEAL Mollie account and process the refund.