Payment Gateway: PayPal Pro
PayPal Pro (Website Payments Pro) is an on-site payment method for accepting credit and debit cards and is available to event organizers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
An account with PayPal is required to accept payments. Need a PayPal Pro account? Call 1-855-456-1338 or click here to sign up for a merchant account.
An active subscription for the PayPal Pro feature upgrade is also needed to use PayPal Pro on your Event Smart website.
Locate your credentials for PayPal Pro
Pro Tip 1! Will PayPal Pro be the only payment method enabled or the only one you offer? Click here to learn how to make it selected by default during the registration checkout.
Setup PayPal Pro on your Event Smart website
- Name: This is the name of the payment method.
- Description: This description is shown during registration checkout.
- Admin-Only Name: This is a name of the payment method that will only be shown in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Admin-Only Description: This description is used only in the Event Smart dashboard.
- Debug Mode On?: Enables debugging for this payment method. It should be off (set to no) on a live/production site.
- Open by Default? – This sets this payment method to be pre-selected on the registration checkout page.
To give your audience more payment options, you can activate multiple payment methods at the same time. However, if you are offering just one payment option, then we recommend that you set that one payment method to be selected by default during registration checkout. That will simplify the check out process for your attendees.
- PayPal API Username: This is available from your PayPal account.
- PayPal API Password: This is available from your PayPal account.
- PayPal API Signature: This is available from your PayPal account.
- Card Types Supported: Check the card types that you would like to accept payments for.
- Button Image URL: Change the default button on the payment page.
- Usable From: Select where this payment method should be available for use. This payment method cannot process payments through the Event Smart dashboard.
- Order: The value (number) can be used to sort or arrange this payment option. A lower value means that it should appear first during registration checkout.
- Update Settings: Click this button after making any changes to your payment method.
- Deactivate Payment Method: Click this button to deactivate this payment method.
You'll now be ready to accept payments for your events through PayPal Pro on your Event Smart website.
I configured PayPal Pro and payments are not being processed. Can you help?
Double-check your credentials and ensure that there is no extra spacing before or after the credentials in the payment methods page of Event Smart.
How can I setup a recurring payment or subscription through PayPal Pro?
Recurring or subscription payments are not currently supported in the PayPal Pro payment gateway.
When I refund a payment, does it also refund through PayPal Pro?
Refunds in Event Smart are currently a two step process. First, apply the refund through the transaction details screen in your Event Smart website (Event Smart dashboard --> Transactions and click on a specific transaction and browse to the payments area). Then login to your PayPal account and process the refund.